Monday, May 8, 2017

A Decade of Sku: Favorite Posts


This week marks ten years of Sku's Recent Eats, and to celebrate, I'll be indulging myself with frivolous posts all week long. 

At the blog's five year mark, I listed some of my favorite posts from the first five years, so I thought I would do the same for the last five years. These may not be the best posts, and they weren't necessarily the most popular, but they are the ones I had the most fun with.


My all time most viewed post, other than my big lists of whiskey distilleries and whiskey blogs, was a 2011 post on deciphering Van Winkle bottle codes.


3 comments:

Lew Bryson said...

The Golden Age post was the one that has had a deeper effect on me than anything else you've written.

Thom said...

Agreed Lew. Such a prescient post that's true now. Including the coming "silver" age of whisky. He accurately predicted some of the new distilleries improving quality and ready availability of new whiskies. It's not the same as it was but times are good right now to be a whisky drinker.

Carlton said...

I enjoyed "Whiskeys to Watch for in 2017."