Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Whiskey Wednesday: Vegas Whiskey at Craftsteak

While I report on my Las Vegas food adventures, I wanted to give a shout out to the best whiskey bar I found on my trip. On a great tip from my colleagues at the LA Whisk(e)y Society, I headed to Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak at the MGM Grand. (You can read about the Society's decadent whiskey paired meal here).

Craftsteak has and excellent list of single malts, divided by region, as well as a very impressive selection of American whiskeys. The bartenders are helpful and will even let you nose the bottle prior to making your decision. The whiskey menu is quite varied, but includes some great deals; I found a 16 year old cask strength Mortlach bottled by James MacArthur's Old Master's for only $17.

There is also a lovely glass case of extremely rare and expensive whiskies, including some distilled in the 1930s, and while I didn't partake, they were fun to look at.

So if you're in Vegas and wanting some fine whiskey, head to Craftsteak, and I hear the food isn't bad either.

No comments: